Like us on Facebook

Friday 3 September 2010

August Round-Up

It's been a good August, although perhaps not as hot as we would have liked!

I made my first visit to the Princess of Wales, Chalcot Road in Primrose Hill.  There is jazz every Sunday with the Pete Chapman Trio + guests.  A very enjoyable gig followed by a very good roast.  (Incidentally, the Princess of Wales is the site for the latest Banksy (or is it a fake?) and I forgot to go down and take a look!  I guess I'll have to return for some more jazz)


On Monday 16th, I was invited to attend the 2010 London Jazz awards, to report on the evening in my role as a contributor to the LondonJazz publication.  It was a wonderful evening, and you can find the report here: http://londonjazz.blogspot.com/2010/08/london-jazz-awards-winners.html

My quartet's August gig was at the Bull's Head in Barnes.  A wonderful venue, and well-attended (which can be unusual for a weeknight here), it was great to be playing again with the band.  We haven't performed all together since mid-June when we were on tour, so it was fantastic to get an hour or two of playing together.  The gig was recorded by UK Jazz Radio, and will be broadcast on Sunday 12th September at 8pm.  Visit www.ukjazzradio.com to listen.

And finally, August saw the birth of my new jazz group Sector 7.  A jazz trio fronted by 4 vocalists, we're still in the rehearsing stages as yet, but it will be going places soon.  Watch this space.  It's going to be filled magnificently.

No comments:

Post a Comment