Like us on Facebook

Saturday 16 July 2011

Top Ten Bike Songs

Le Tour de France is happening now.  In other bike-related news, my twin sister Anna will be cycling round the coast of Britain throughout August/Sept for charity.

Sponsor her here: http://www.thedonation.org.uk/doers/eatsleepcycle/cycling-round-coast-britain

Follow her progress here: www.eatsleepcycle-roundbritain.blogspot.com

So... here are my suggestions of the top 10 songs Anna should be listening to to keep her going.


1. The Bike Song - Mark Ronson
A very cool song with a chorus that says "I'm gonna ride my bike until I get home."  What excellent sentiment!


2. You are the universe - Brand New Heavies
(Could be 'You are the coastal path...'  An uplifting song anyway!)


3. Always There - Incognito/ Jocelyn Brown
(Could be 'Almost there!')


4. Do I Do - Stevie Wonder


5. Minuano - Kurt Elling
About 8 minutes long - perfect for timing 2 miles' travelling!


6. Back to you - John Mayer


7. Give me the night - George Benson


8. Workin Hard - Sarah Ellen Hughes
Just so I can get into my own top ten!  But seriously, this song is a little bit about cycling, and I wrote it whilst I was on my bike so it's perfect really!


9. It's Alright - Jason Rebello



And on the last day, on repeat...
10. The final countdown - Europe.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Some of these are a bit tenuous!!!! But I love them all. Downloaded and added to the ipod - looking forward to being inspired by them on the trip! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minuano: "already been as high as Katmandu, willing to go as far as Timbuktoo" - hopefully neither of those will be the case on my trip, haha! But a brilliant song with very apt words xxx

    ReplyDelete