Like us on Facebook

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bonded Warehouse Jazz



A gig at the Bonded Warehouse came about because the promoter was unable to fit me in his program when I was doing my album tour last year.  Despite not being officially 'on tour,' it's good to continue to travel the country to perform at different venues, and it's good to be able to give some work to my band!

Darren and me, ready to explore Stourbridge.

The Bonded Warehouse is on the canal in Stourbridge, and is an interesting setting for a monthly jazz night (surprisingly, Jazz at the Bonded Warehouse).  Being a Friday, we didn't want to get caught up coming out of London, so arrived in enough time to explore Stourbridge.  After 10 minutes, I think we'd seen it all!  We found a lovely little cafe (Egyptian, I think) for a cup of tea, then sound check, then the performance.

An Egyptian cup of tea.
The Bonded Warehouse does not have a bar (I think this may be the first ever jazz club gig I've done where alcohol has not been on sale!) and it was amusing to see that as soon as our last song of the first half ended, out came the lunch boxes and flasks, and the experienced audience helped themselves to their pre-packed refreshments.


Under the low beams at JBW.
















No comments:

Post a Comment