Like us on Facebook

Sunday 7 February 2010

News - January

Snow! What an exasperating weather condition. A sprinkling too much, and our transport system shuts down, we run out of grit, and people are forced to stay in. Such a situation presented itself in early January, coinciding with my first gig at Pizza on the Park. A stalwart few were in the audience, including a gentleman who I happen to share a birthday with, making the total tally of shared birthdays in the room 3 (including my twin sister). My next, and last performance at Pizza on the Park is Thursday 18th February. Hopefully snow will not be a problem. This month, I visited a great new jazz venue called the Hideaway in Streatham. The performance was from Julian Stringle and his band. Breathtaking. The Hideaway is a fantastic little place, aptly named because it’s hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Streatham High Road. Top-class London jazz acts are featured here every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. More information is on www.hideawaylive.co.uk. This month’s Tomorrow’s Face gig at the Bull’s Head was very successful - a bigger audience than usual, and it gave me a chance to practise my piano skills as our pianist didn’t show. This venue still needs great support, and we’ll be there again on Sunday March 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment