Like us on Facebook

Friday 1 April 2011

New album recording

This month, I've started recording my new album which will be ready for release in the autumn.

My band and I spent 3 days at Derek Nash's studio in Kent, laying down new tunes and some old ones too!  It was great fun and very productive.

Derek's studio is fantastic, and Derek himself is a great engineer.  He's also a very accomplished and very busy musician - gigging regularly with Jools Holland's band, and writing arrangements for them too.  At the moment, he has a display on the studio wall of signed copies of arrangements he's done for people like Eddie Floyd and Kylie Minogue.  And there was me drinking tea on his sofa!  What an amazing world the music industry is.

We recorded my first album at Derek's studio too, in July 2009... It's nearly sold out, so buy your copy while you still have the chance! - www.sarahellenhughes.co.uk/darningthedream


Screen shot of our monitors - Top left: Darren Altman, Bottom left: Rick Simpson,
Top right: Derek behind his desk, and sofa in background, Bottom right: me peering at some music



Bassist Tom Farmer, with the ghost of Rick Simpson on the left,
and Darren Altman on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment