Like us on Facebook

Saturday 30 April 2011

Top 10 Inappropriate Wedding Songs

Having been taken over by wedding fever, this month had to have a wedding-related theme.  Firstly I thought about the best songs I'd sung at weddings in the past... boring!  Much better are the bizzare songs that I can't believe I've been asked to sing at weddings, and a few songs which you should never select if singing at a wedding!

1. Mad World (Donnie Darko version)
This was requested by my sister as the music to walk out of the wedding ceremony to (well, it was actually a request from my brother-in-law which my poor sister didn't have the heart to veto.  How inappropriate!)

2. Stronger than me by Amy Winehouse
I was asked to sing this as a first dance once - totally bizarrely, as it's about a woman moaning that her man isn't the man that he ought to be and is a bit of a push over.  Hmmm...?

3. Leave right now by Will Young
This was the first song on a bride's ipod selection

And now a few which should never make it to your play list... (just read it as a titles list - forget what the song's actually about)

4. Let's call the whole thing off 


5. Miss Otis Regrets


6. You've Changed


7. It Don't Mean a Thing


8. Good Morning Heartache


9. The Lady is a Tramp 


10. Until the Real Thing Comes Along



1 comment:

  1. My band was asked to play Little Bitch at a wedding once - a request by the groom!

    ReplyDelete